Contact NC LEAP @:
8000 Weston Parkway
Cary, NC 27513
- NC Rural Center - Our mission is to develop, promote and implement sound economic strategies to improve the quality of life of rural North Carolinians. We serve the state’s 85 rural counties, with a special focus on individuals with low to moderate incomes and communities with limited resources.
- Small Business Training and Development Center - The SBTDC is committed to providing knowledge, education and other supportive resources that enable existing small and mid-sized businesses, emerging entrepreneurs and local/state leaders to innovate and succeed. Through the experience and skill of SBTDC staff across our statewide network of 17 university-affiliated offices, we are able to reach and serve a diverse client base and quickly support their changing needs.
- North Carolina Department of Revenue - Whether you're just starting a new business, or you've been in business for a while, this section will help you find the tax information you need.
- Small Business Administration - The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) was created to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation.
- SCORE - SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grown and achieve their goals through education and mentorship.
- NC Business Incubation Association - The overall mission of the NCBIA is to support business incubators and economic developers in the state of North Carolina by providing the information, education, advocacy and networking resources to bring excellence to the process of assisting early-stage companies.
- The Nussbaum Center for Entrepreneurship - The Nussbaum Center's mission is to enhance economic development in Greensboro and the surrounding area.
- Triangle South Enterprise Center - The Small Business Center provides on-site counseling services, seminars, workshops, and other assistance to businesses located in the Triangle South Enterprise Center, Harnett County, and surrounding areas.
- NC State Technology Incubator - The NCSU Technology Incubator focuses on economic development for the state of North Carolina by supporting and stimulating entrepreneurship and new technologies.
- NC Institute of Minority Economic Development - The Institute works to grow the asset base of undeveloped populations through economic development strategies that build businesses, create jobs, and sustain institutions vital to economically vibrant and socially responsible communities.
- Local Chambers of Commerce and Visitors Bureaus - This is a listing of local chambers of commerce and visitors bureaus.
- Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB) - HUB office staff are available to assist firms with becoming certified as historically underutilized businesses. In addition, the HUB Office provides outreach, training and networking opportunities for new and established HUB firms. This webiste provides access to their programs and core services, HUB vendor/firm database, upcoming bids with various state agencies and public entitites, HUB Annual Reports, HUBSCO Construction Reporting System, the latest news and calendar information for training and conference sessions.
- North Carolina Veteran's Business Association (NC VetBiz) - NC VetBiz is the only NC association exclusively dedicated to assisting veterans in the formation and development of small businesses. Their goal is to be NC's leading source for veterans in business, including education and experience for those veterans considering the endeavor of busines ownership.
- Women's Business Center of North Carolina - The Women's Business Center of North Carolina (WBC) promotes economic self-sufficiency for all women of North Carolina through entrepreneurship. They are committed to increasing the number and the success rate of women-owned businesses.
- Self-Help Credit Union - The nonprofit Center for Community Self-Help (Self-Help) combines several organizations that together provide financing, technical support, consumer financial services and advocacy for those left out of the economic mainstream.
- NC Center for Nonprofits - The NC Center for Nonprofits has been supporting and uniting North Carolina nonprofits since 1992.
- NC Farm Bureau - North Carolina Farm Bureau Federation is a private, nonprofit, grassroots organization that has been actively promoting farm and rural issues since 1936 through governmental relations, marketing, field representation, agricultural education, member services and other programs.
- The Cookery - Starting a food business can be daunting. The Cookery helps to foster culinary minds as they set out to become the next big thing on the local food scene. The Cookery provides tools to help culinary businesses succeed.
- Latin American Chamber of Commerce (Charlotte) - The purpose of rthe Latin American Chamber of Commerce of Charlotte (LACCC) is to offer a sustainable bilingual platform of programs, events and services that engages, empowers and supports both Latino and non-Latino businesses, entrepreneurs and professionals in order to accelerate their access to resources, growth and success when navigating together with this new economy.
- Business Link North Carolina - Business Link North Carolina (BLNC) can help you start, grow and support your business in North Carolina. BLNC offers a central source for consultations, information and referrals...just the help you need to tap into all the State has to offer.
- Incorporating Your Business in North Carolina - North Carolina Secretary of State's guide to incorporating your business in North Carolina.
- Organizing Your Limited Liability Company (LLC) in North Carolina - North Carolina Secretary of State's guide to organizing your limited liability company (LLC) in North Carolina.
- Incorporating Your Nonprofit in North Carolina - North Carolina Secretary of State's guide to incorporating your nonprofit in North Carolina.
- NC Business Corporations Fee Schedule - North Carolina Secretary of State's fee schedule for business corporations.
- NC Nonprofit Corporations Fee Schedule - North Carolina Secretary of State's fee schedule for nonprofit corporations.
- NC LLC Partnerships Fee Schedule - North Carolina Secretary of State's fee schedule for LLC partnerhips.
- NC Secretary of State: Corporations Division - The North Carolina Secretary of State's Corporations Division website.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) - The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office is the Federal agency for granting U.S. patents and registering trademarks.
- U.S. Copyright Office - This federal agency website includes guidance on how to obtain a copyright registration and record a copyright-related document, and provides informaiton on the many other services that the office provides.